Brian is one of the four heads behind Business Acceleration Partners of Montana, the driving force behind Pirenzia's vaccine research. His decades-long career has led him from marketing firms to executive chair, to silicon valley venture capital firm, to consulting Microsoft on key product launches.
Brian's many accomplishments can be found below:
- MBA in Engineering and Technology Management from the W. Edwards Deming Institute
- Post-graduate certificate in Total Quality Management from the W. Edwards Deming Institute
- Two-term president of the largest US chapter of the International Society for Technical Communication
- Managing partner in an advertising and PR agency
- Ran PR and advertising for Microsoft, Data I/O, Boeing, Weyerhaeuser, and several tech startups
- Marketing manager for a Data I/O—a prominent international electronics company
- Managing partner in a software development company that developed infrastructure banking systems
- Worked directly with the Division President on technology commercialization projects and Total Quality Management implementation for the 5000-person Research and Technology Division of Weyerhaeuser ($8 billion revenue corporation)
- Developed the Stage-Gate technology commercialization process for Boise Cascade's Research and Technology Division ($4 billion revenue corporation)
- Developed the technology commercialization process and proposal development process for the research and technology division of Flow International Corporation (manufacturers of market-leading high-pressure waterjet cutting technology.)
- Over a decade as a marketing and strategy consultant to Microsoft, working on both launch- and competitive response teams for dozens of key Microsoft products
- Worked with over a dozen of the most successful venture capital firms in the country in Silicon Valley, Austin, and New York City
- Served as management, marketing, and product development consultant for over 100 venture-capital-backed startups
- Entrepreneur in residence at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology President of the Center for Business and Economics of the Northern Plains.